Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Air Quality - Unhealthful for Sensitive Groups

Air Quality - Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups.

The above heading is an understatement issued by the Bay Area
Air Quality Board.

Its down right deathly out there !

The air is so thick with pungent thick grey smoke that it has radically affected the lives and working schedules of many folks.

I’m sending out positive thoughts to all who are in the front lines of the fires. Your efforts are greatly appreciated !

Below are two photos taken outdoors in the last few days.
You can see the smoke in the air.

below: view from Belvedere Island - the usual crystal clear view is marred by a smokey haze


below - the smoke fills the air in a San Rafael back yard garden -

3 comments:

Gina said...

I've been seeing a lot of this on the cali blogs. It looks terrible. I'll be sending smoke free thoughts towards the west coast...

Garden Wise Guy said...

I sympathize with what you folks up north are going through. We had our 1/4 million acre Zaca blaze last year and the smoke, ash and fear it spread is still a vivid memory. To add insult to injury, everyone was using precious water to rinse their driveways and paved surfaces, sending a hideous thick stew into our creeks.

I wish you all high humidity and no wind.

Deviant Deziner, aka Michelle said...

Thanks to all the well wishers.
we can use your positive energy.

Yesterday while on the road to and from projects I saw more Oxygen supply trucks than I have ever seen in one day.
I thought I might call to reserve a small tank just incase it gets worse ( I have one lung ) but thought that there might be others who are in worse shape than me who need it more.
In the mean time the little HEPA air filtration machine in my cottage is running 24 /7.