Saturday, September 6, 2008

Water Fountains in the Landscape.

The emotional affects of water in a garden setting can both stimulate and calm the senses simultaneously.

Here are a few examples from our portfolio -

Contemplative
From Water fountains in the landscape

Exciting
From Water fountains in the landscape

From Water fountains in the landscape

Harmonious with the surrounding architecture
From Water fountains in the landscape

Garden Sanctuary
From Water fountains in the landscape

Whimsical
From Water fountains in the landscape

Strong
From Water fountains in the landscape

Simple
From Water fountains in the landscape

Solitude
From Water fountains in the landscape


Modernist
From Water fountains in the landscape

Mediative
From Water fountains in the landscape

Reflective
From Water fountains in the landscape

From Water fountains in the landscape

Exciting
From Water fountains in the landscape

Peaceful
From Water fountains in the landscape

6 comments:

Linda Lunda said...

Loots of nice water... (give me the word)
I did love some of them... and some of them I didnt like.. Thats life.
I did speciall like the Whimsical, solitude... and one more.. that I dont remember the word...
Linda

Anonymous said...

Although I'm not fanatical about water features (yet, at least!), several of these really spoke to me. Like Linda, I liked Whimsical (oh, that gorgeous stonework) and Solitude the best, and Simple, Meditative, and Peaceful as well. What surprised me is that I really liked the Exciting one too; what a dramatic feature. Thanks for sharing these, Michelle!

Anonymous said...

I so much enjoyed seeing all the lovely ways to use a fountain in the garden. I cannot choose a favorite. I like them all.
Donna

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Looks like there is a water feature to suit everyone.

Benjamin Vogt said...

I consider myself both a modernist and a naturalist in my garden design and home decor, so when I see water features made of stone that emit a square waterfall, something really works for me. It's like precise industrial meets warm organic nature, and in that dichotomy is something elevating and sublime. Lovely work.

Anonymous said...

Just found your site. Got to say, I think your work is FABULOUS. Not only can you design beautifully for the present AND future, but you are so sensitive to your sites and customers and can work in many different styles quite fluently--something so many designers will not "deign" to do.