Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lawnless poster child by Disney.

This front lawnless yard is located in Marin County CA.
It looks like the owner might have worked for Disneyland or perhaps the Disney Garden Center.

Snow white and her gnomes proudly reside here. A retired lawnmower, Bambee and Fireman Bill also proudly proclaim their lawn-less-ness.
This front yard should be the Poster Child of the no lawn movement. It's got everything a gnome center would want .
What d'ya say ?

From Blogger Pictures

8 comments:

ryan said...

I like it. Doesn't pretend to be anything other than it is. I'd like to see less hardscape and more plants, but I'm hang with the gnomes.

Deviant Deziner, aka Michelle said...

Hi Ryan,
I actually love this xeric gnomescape too.
I've known about it for about 7 or 8 years and will even drive out of my way to see it when in its vicinity.

It has home grown charm.

danger garden said...

It sort of scares me. If you were to walk by in the dark do you think they would all attack?

Deviant Deziner, aka Michelle said...

I'm actually surprised that it has stayed intact this long.
It is just a few blocks from a highly attended high school, across the street from a popular shopping center and it is on a pretty busy street.

I notice though that there are only 6 gnome dwarfs.
Perhaps one decided to take a cross country trip with one of the graduating high school students and will be sending post cards home from places such as Italy and France.

lucky gnome.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Ha! Retired lawn. They have a great sense of humor!

mjsee said...

Looks more like the Gorton Fisherman than a fireman to me...but you've seen it in person. I bow to your first-hand knowledge.

Benjamin Vogt said...

Needs daylilies and geraniums.

Michelle said...

Is that a budda in the background keeping an eye on the gnomes and the lovely ms. white?