Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Biblical Garden in the S.F. Botanical Garden

The San Francisco Botanical Garden located in the Golden Gate Park is undergoing some pathway reconstruction.

Because of this construction my normal route around the garden was revised and I found myself visiting a part of the garden that I haven’t been to in awhile.

The following few photos were taken in the Biblical Garden.

Passion Vine Flower - actually this photo was taken a few hundred feet before the Biblical garden but I thought it was
appropriate to this post.

From s.f. botanical garden


Entry pathway
From s.f. botanical garden


Beautiful lime stone walls within and surrounding the garden
From s.f. botanical garden


From s.f. botanical garden


In the name of the father , son, and holy ghost.
From s.f. botanical garden

3 comments:

How It Grows said...

Thanks for the tour. Just wondering...why is it called a biblical garden? Does it feature plants mentioned in the bible or is just a setting for religious sculptures?

danger garden said...

'how it grows' asked the same question I was going to ask...

Deviant Deziner, aka Michelle said...

From the few conversations that I have had with the S.F. arboretum librarian about this garden it is said to have plants that are mentioned in the bible and that were used around Jerusalem during Christ's life .

There use to be braille signs noting the plant names in the garden mounted ontop of the stone walls , but I didn't notice them when I was there the other day.